Hongkong Post e-Cert
e-Cert Control Manager
(for e-Cert on Smart ID Card)
END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT
Please read this end user license agreement carefully before downloading, installing or using the Hongkong Post e-Cert Control Manager (the SOFTWARE). By downloading, installing or using the SOFTWARE, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this license agreement. If you do not agree, do not download, install or use the SOFTWARE.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The SOFTWARE is valid for use by subscribers of Hongkong Post e-Cert ("e-Cert") only.
2. The right-to-use is granted by the Postmaster General of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (referred to herein as Hongkong Post) to the Subscribers of e-Certs.
3. The right-to-use does not grant any development right of the software nor does it involve any transfer of title in the software, which remains the property of Hongkong Post and its third party software vendors including SecureNet Limited (Australia).
4. The copyright and intellectual property right of the software remains in Hongkong Post and its third party software vendors including SecureNet Limited (Australia).
5. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS. The SOFTWARE and any accompanying documentation are proprietary products of Hongkong Post and its third party software vendors including SecureNet Limited (Australia) and are protected under copyright laws. Ownership of the SOFTWARE, and all copies,
modifications, and merged portions thereof shall at all times remain with Hongkong Post and its third party software vendors including SecureNet Limited (Australia).
6. GRANT OF LICENSE. Hongkong Post grants you a personal, non-transferable and non-exclusive right to use the SOFTWARE for personal use and for the sole purpose of using the e-Cert in conjunction with your HKSAR Smart Identity Card.
7. RESTRICTIONS. This License is proof of the right to exercise the rights granted herein. Licensee shall not :
- rent, lease or otherwise transfer the SOFTWARE or its documentation;
- decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, print or otherwise reduce the SOFTWARE to a human perceivable form;
- modify, adapt, translate, network, rent, lease, loan, distribute, or create derivative works based upon the SOFTWARE or the documentation in whole or in part.;
- copy the SOFTWARE;
- sub-license or sell the SOFTWARE; or
- use the SOFTWARE for commercial use.
8. DISCLAIMER. Hongkong Post and its third party software vendors including SecureNet Limited (Australia) do not warrant that the operation of the SOFTWARE will be uninterrupted or error free. HONGKONG POST AND ITS THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE VENDORS INCLUDING SECURENET LIMITED (AUSTRALIA) SHALL NOT IN ANY EVENT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE DOWNLOADING, INSTALLATION OR USE OF OR INABILITY TO DOWNLOAD, INSTALL OR USE THE SOFTWARE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, AND DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF BUSINESS INFORMATION, OR OTHER PECUNIARY LOSS, EVEN IF HONGKONG POST OR ITS THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE VENDORS INCLUDING SECURENET LIMITED (AUSTRALIA) HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, WHETHER SUCH LIABILITY IS BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, WARRANTY, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE GROUNDS.
9. Where there is a conflict of interpretation of wording between the English and Chinese versions of this end user license agreement, the English version shall prevail.
Hongkong Post Certification Authority
Tel: (852) 2921 6633
Fax: (852) 2775 9130
Email: [email protected]
Web Site : http://www.eCert.gov.hk
If you agree to the terms and conditions as stated above, please click "Yes, I Agree" to proceed.
End of Page