You can search and obtain the digital certificate of other person or organization. First of all, you need to define the directory server of Hongkong Post CA.
- Initiate Outlook Express and select the tab 'Tools' From the dropdown menu, select
'Accounts' 'Internet Accounts' window, as shown
below pops up. Select the tab 'Directory Services'
- In the 'Internet Accounts' window (picture shown above), click the 'Add' button
and select 'Directory Services'
- In the Internet connection wizard that pops up, key in the Internet directory (LDAP) server name as: 'ldap1.eCert.gov.hk'
- Click 'Next' button.
- Internet Connection Wizard asks if you want your e-mail program to check the
addresses using this directory service. Select
'NO' (recommended) and click 'Next' button.
- Internet Connection Wizard reports successful addition of the directory service.
Click 'Finish' button. The Internet Connection
Wizard window closes and takes you to the 'Internet
- Locate the new entry for the directory service you just now added - ldap1.eCert.gov.hk. Highlight this entry and click on 'Properties' button.
- Key-in a friendly name for this Directory Service Account (e.g. Hongkong Post
e-Cert CA Directory)
- Click 'Apply' button.
- Click 'Advanced' tab of the window and enter 'c=HK' as the search base.
- Click 'OK' button. This closes the 'Properties' window and takes you back to the 'Internet Accounts' window. Close this window and go to Outlook Express.
Should you have any question on installing and using e-Cert, please contact us at 2921 6633.