Hongkong Post e-Cert
e-Cert Quick Start Guide
Change e-Cert PIN
To better protect your e-Cert file stored in your e-Cert storage medium, you are recommended to change your e-Cert PIN.
- For e-Cert stored in floppy disk, e-Cert File USB or other storage medium, you can use the Change Password Program to change your e-Cert PIN.
- For e-Cert stored in e-Cert File Card, it is required to use the e-Cert File Card Utility Program to change your e-Cert PIN in e-Cert File Card.
- For e-Cert stored in Smart ID Card, it is required to use the e-Cert Control Manager to change your e-Cert PIN in Smart ID Card.
- For e-Cert stored in e-Cert Token, please refer to e-Cert Token – User Guide (PDF) to change your e-Cert PIN in e-Cert Token.
- Your e-Cert file stored in the e-Cert storage medium is kept in a standard format called PKCS#12 (with ".p12" as file extension).
- You are recommended to copy your e-Cert file from e-Cert storage medium and save the file in a secure location (e.g. your own personal computer or other storage medium).
- Please be reminded to keep record of the corresponding e-Cert PIN in opening the e-Cert file and keep the e-Cert PIN separately from the e-Cert file.
- You can make use of the backup copy of your e-Cert file in case your e-Cert in the original e-Cert storage medium is not accessible.
- Please note that the backup copy of your e-Cert file also contains your own private key. Please be reminded to keep the backup copy of your e-Cert file securely to prevent unauthorized access by others.
Import e-Cert into Internet Browser
You can choose to import your e-Cert from your e-Cert storage medium into the Internet browser of your own personal computer. However, you are not advised to import your e-Cert into the browser of public computers or other computers not owned by you to prevent exposure of your private key to others.
You may refer to Security Tips for more information.
Please follow the steps available in the relevant e-Cert User Guide to import your e-Cert into different Internet browsers.
For subscribers using e-Cert File Card, please refer to the Installation Guide and User Guide for e-Cert File Card (PDF Format).
End of Page