To renew your e-Cert online, your computer should comply with the following requirements:
- Operating System:
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / 10
- Internet Browser:
- Google Chrome Browser (for desktop)
- Mozilla Firefox Browser (for desktop)
- Microsoft Edge Browser (for desktop)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 (for desktop)
Please read the following notes carefully:
- Upon completion of the online e-Cert renewal application, an e-Cert storage medium containing the renewed e-Cert and its corresponding PIN Envelope will be sent to the Subscriber through registered mails separately.To ensure you can receive the new e-Cert before the expiry of the current e-Cert, we suggest you to submit your renewal application at least one week before the expiry date.
- If you are a subscriber of e-Cert (Personal / Minor), you have to apply for e-Cert (Personal) and stop using e-Cert (Personal / Minor) when you aged 18. The residual subscription period of the e-Cert (Personal / Minor) will become invalid.
- For Internet Explorer (IE) users, a plug-in
for digital signing will be installed automatically
(if required) when you click the "Apply
Now" button to proceed. Please read the
tips on installing
the plug-in and trusting
Hongkong Post CA's website.
During the online application / payment process, a Subscriber is required to use a valid e-Cert for online identity authentication. Hence, please get ready the valid e-Cert and import to the browser before using the online application / payment service. Please refer to e-Cert User Guide on how to import your e-Cert into the browser.
- If you are using e-Cert (Personal) on Smart ID Card, please ensure that the required software such as e-Cert Control Manager and the relevant driver of Smart Card Reader have been installed properly in the computer, and your Smart ID Card has been inserted into the Smart Card Reader which is connected to the computer.